Sunday, May 9, 2010

An Awesome Sunday

What a wonderful Mother's Day I've had. I gave a short presentation on my forthcoming pilgrimage to my Sunday School class and at our two church services. My church family responded in such a loving way, and I feel so uplifted by their encouragement and promises of prayers. I also am "walking for  a cause" and asked for pledges per mile towards one of my favorite charities, New Life International, which makes water filters and sends them all over the world so that people can have the most basic of necessities, clean water. The response was wonderful! If you would like to pledge also, just send me an email and I'll put you down. Remember to do the math: a penny a mile will add up to $5.00 if I walk 500 miles.

I have been preparing for this adventure for a long time, now, and I am so ready to go. Scared a bit, but ready. I just looked at Google Earth and went to the town where I will start my walk, St. Jean Pied de Port. I hadn't realized before that you can make the software show you a view as if you are walking and looking at the horizon. The Pyrenees look so beautiful! Try it yourself and see. You can also see photographs that people, mostly pilgrims I suspect, have taken on the Camino. It is breathtakingly lovely. I hope in my blogs that I can convey something of the beauty and experiences of the Camino to you all.

Ultreia! (Onward!)

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have the time of your life, Bev, and be completely transformed by it. I wish you well and look forward to reading about your experiences. Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete