Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Haram, Efes, Herefe

Sorry, but this is all I can show of the Haram or Turkish Bath that six of us went to in the morning. It has been in operation for over a thousand years.

This is a workroom within one of the villa excavations at Ephesus--a giant jigsaw puzzle!
My phone died before we got to the carpet shop so I have photos of the Turkish rugs only on my camera. Several of our group bought small but very "pahali" (expensive) ones. I now have a greater appreciation for this dying craft of hand knotted carpets. Herefe is the name of a family that produces some of the finest of these.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you also took your camera - we'll see lots of pictures when you get home. Please tell us the story of the Turkish Bath. All is good at Rivendell, and we show dad your blog every day.

    ReplyDelete