Monday, September 3, 2012

Wooler


The Border Crossing
We had our longest day today-13 1/2 miles of up hill and across boggy moors. We left at 8:30am and arrived in Wooler at 6:30pm. I am so proud of Marlene! She stuck it out in good spirits. Tomorrow we have 11 1/2 miles on fairly even terrain. We crossed the border around noon and magically we started meeting people with English accents! Tomorrow is the last day before we cross the sands to Lindisfarne.
I have had more technical challenges. My camera battery depleted so I put the extra one in and it was depleted too. I tried to charge them but my charging set up for UK is just not working. So I am stuck with the camera phone until I can find a shop that can help. Also I wanted to let you know I found my journal stuck in a deep pocket of my suitcase! Yippee!
The Moors of Northumbria

No comments:

Post a Comment